Companion Dog means this animal is sold as a pet rather than for breeding or show purposes. No warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied are made under this contract except as stated below.
1. The dog is purebred and the litter pedigree is correct and given at the time of sale. The dog is registered with limited AKC, unless the form is withheld per written agreement.
2. The health of this animal is guaranteed for TEN (10) days through examination of a veterinarian at the option and expense of the buyer. If the dog is found to be of unsatisfactory health and written documentation of the condition is presented, provided the dog and its registration papers are returned, the seller will refund 100% of the purchase price.
3. ( ) This animal has no known health problems.
( ) This animal has the following known health problems/characteristics:
4. This animal is guaranteed to be free of hereditary crippling/disabling defects apparent by 12 (twelve) months of age. Determination of what constitutes a hereditary defect is to be by the unanimous agreement of two (2) veterinarians agreeable to both parties. One of these veterinarians to be a tenured faculty member of an accredited university veterinary teaching hospital or Board Certified in the applicable specialty. Cost of the opinions are to be assumed by the buyer.
Seller will replace with the next like available prospect or mutually agreeable animal provided the living dog and its registration papers are returned to the seller. If replacement is warranted, shipping/transportation must be paid by the buyer.
5. This dog is guaranteed to be of good temperament at date/time of sale.
6. Buyer agrees to annual veterinary checkups, including heartworm check; to keep all immunizations current according to AVMA guidelines.
7. This dog is sold with an alteration agreement. Failure to have the dog altered within the agreed upon time period voids all guarantees and the puppy will be repossessed by the Seller. All costs incurred in the repossession of the puppy will be at Buyer’s expense. This includes, but is not limited to – legal representation, AKC paperwork, transportation, and lodging fees.
8. If this dog is mated at any time, Buyer will be fined $5,000. Buyer will also be charged a fee of $1,500 per puppy whelped from said dog mating. All puppies and original dog will then be returned to Seller at Buyer’s expense. All charges incurred in retrieving the dog and puppies will be at Buyer’s expense. Puppies from said litter will then be boarded for $35/day/puppy at Buyer’s expense until adequate homes are found.
9. If Buyer decides to sell or otherwise dispose of this dog in any way without telling the Seller, the dog will be repossessed immediately, and the buyer will be fined $5,000. All costs incurred to retrieve the puppy will be at Buyer’s expense.
10. If Buyer for unforeseen reasons must rehome the dog, the dog will be given back to Seller with dog's AKC registration.
11. Seller will not be responsible for any expenses accrued in the upkeep, medical treatment, damages, veterinarian bills or transportation incurred as a result of owning this puppy.
My purpose of purchasing this purebred dog is for companionship only. Since it is sold as a companion and not for breeding or conformation show, I agree to have this dog altered (spayed or neutered) between the ages of 12 and 24 months.
The AKC registration form will be withheld until the seller receives a statement verifying the alteration from my veterinarian doing the surgery. If I do not provide proof of spay or neuter within the first year I agree to let seller repossess the puppy and AKC registration papers.